A sawmill was established at Ty'n Rhos Llanddewi-Brefi, Ceredigion (Cardiganshire) in1868 and this building was erected to house a new water-powered circular saw in 1892.
The water wheel to operate the machinery at that time cost £15, During the early 1930s an old model-T Ford car engine was installed as an alternative source of power The mill was dismantled and moved to St. Fagans in 1987
There are four new drawings at the bottom of the page showing the auxillary drive which is the front end of a model T Ford car with a modified gearbox to provide a belt drive to the saw
The Saw mill is one of the five buildings that have a water wheel at St Fagans. Below are the others