BuiltWithNOF

Ceulan Woolen Mill

Ceulan Mill operated from 1860. The wheel was cast in 1891 and the double Pelton wheel was added in 1923. The mill operated until the mid fifties and was shut down in about 1962. The drawings below only show the drive shafting as the machinery was far to complex to record in the 8 hour survey time. A revisit is planned in the future.

Two views of the double Pelton wheel its water supply through 6” pipes and the chain drive